Tuesday 17 June 2014

Super easy Gluten-free Chocolate Brownies



Gluten-free Chocolate Brownies


This simple recipe makes quite possibly the most delicious, sickly and indulgent brownies I have ever tasted and to make them even better – they are gluten free!

After recently deciding to go wheat/gluten free for personal/health reasons I was at a bit of a loss about what to do about a birthday cake. Every supermarket cake I looked at contained wheat and gluten and ordering a specially made cake without these was out of my price range.

As someone who has a huge sweet tooth and counts cake among my list of favourite foods, going without a birthday cake was not an option! After discovering hundreds of delicious and simple-looking gluten free recipes online I decided I would make my own!

I would describe myself as an amateur baker to say the least - which is probably why the ‘cake’ didn’t turn out quite as expected. However my baking did not go to waste as I ended up with the most delicious and indulgent chocolate brownies I have ever tasted (if I say so myself!) and they were a big hit with everyone who tried them.

If like me you love chocolate and want to try an easy-peasy recipe - this is  definitely one for you :-)



The chocolate frosting and buttons were originally planned for decorating the cake but were not needed in the end.


Ingredients

Dark chocolate 180g
Butter 120g
Caster sugar 150g
Cocoa Powder 50g
Eggs 3 (beaten)
Vanilla extract 1 tsp


Method

Preheat the oven to 150 C / Gas mark 2.
Grease a 20cm cake tin and dust with cocoa powder.
Melt the chocolate and butter.
Mix with the sugar, cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla.
Pour into the cake tin and bake for 40 minutes.
 Remove from the oven and allow to cool before cutting up and serving.




The chocolate brownie before being cut.

The recipe can easily be adapted and you can add other ingredients such as hazelnuts, almonds, cherries or chocolate chips if you choose. They also taste delicious served with a dollop of cream or vanilla ice cream. Enjoy!

Holly xx 



No comments:

Post a Comment